Editors Letter | February

by - 08:46



So, here we are again. One month in to a new year – a month that is supposed to bring change and promises, but mainly consisted of me lounging around watching the new Winter Love Island, polishing off the leftover Christmas chocolate, and then coming down with a bug just to round off the 9483 days of January off nicely.

January is just a practice month anyway, right?

February, however…

We haven’t even had any snow yet, but already I’m seeing the first signs of Spring and I’m so ready for it. I’ve spotted blossom on some trees, and even the daffodils have started to make an appearance. And my favourite thing of all, is that slowly but surely those nights are getting lighter.

I have a couple of things to look forward to this month. The first being Valentine’s Day. It’s not something we typically celebrate, we love each other every day of the year blah blah blah, but I do appreciate an opportunity to get dressed up and go out for something nice to eat, so we’ve booked a table at one of our favourite restaurants and we’ll order anything and everything that takes our fancy. Crikey, I might even have some champers, but only if I’m feeling wild. I think it’s nice to go on a date isn’t it? I don’t think we should shame anyone that wants to celebrate their loved one.

I also have a weekend off at the start of March for a long weekend away with family. I’ve not been on a family holiday since I was a child, and I’ve never been away with Rob’s parents before. We decided that we’d book a weekend away instead of buying Christmas presents – plus, my mum-in-law has just retired from a hugely stressful job so it will be nice to get away and celebrate her. 

It's also my Mum's birthday, and I just love treating her.

I hope February is good to you…

Olivia x


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. WOW ! Really a wonderful post. Thanks for posting such an informative & useful post with us.
    keep posting & inspire us like this post.
    highfield house dublin

    ReplyDelete