Dinner and Movie Night at Intu Derby

09:16


December is finally here which means I have flipped my Christmas switch, and it’s all sparkles and Buble from here on out!

I know there hasn’t been an update on here for a while, but as most of you know I’ve been a bit busy getting married – there will be a separate post on that later, obviously - but as it’s the first week of December, I thought I’d share the first part of a collaboration I’ve been working on with Intu Derby.

We all know Christmas shopping can be a bit of a pain in the bum. Our expectations picture a happy shopper casually strolling along and humming Jingle Bells, but in reality, it’s all elbows and shoving and racing to get those last minute bits, right? Well thanks to Intu, you no longer have to rush around.


(Jumper - M&S, Skirt - New look, Boots - Miss Selfridge, Bag - Warehouse)

The centre is staying open later throughout the month, and we decided to make the most of their Twilight Thursdays by booking a dinner and movie night.

It’s our first ‘date night’ since we got married, and it seemed quite apt as the first date we ever went on was to the cinema!

We hot-footed it to Pizza Express to gobble up some of their delicious new festive pizzas before the movie started.


We had dough balls and garlic bread to start, obvs!



The Porchetta Natale pizza – pulled, seasoned hog roast with a soft herb stuffing, pancetta, mozzarella, fresh rosemary, tomato, garlic oil and pine kernels.

It was basically a Christmas dinner on a pizza.


We also decided to go for a bit of a controversial choice: the Cauliflower e Carne.


Roasted cauliflower florets, pancetta, Pecorino cheese and garlic oil on a cheamy cheese and mustard sauce base with pink Tropea onions and pine kernels.


I must admit, the thought of cauliflower on a pizza didn’t necessarily appeal to me, but we were curious so naturally we just had to try it! I’m pleased to say that it absolutely did work, and was quite the taste sensation. Well done, Pizza Express!


Now it was time for our movie at Intu’s Showcase Cinema de Lux. I’ve wanted to see Allied for a while – the trailer really grabbed my attention, and I’m all for those 1940’s outfits. If you didn’t already know, it’s a World War 2 romantic drama starring Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard. Their characters are an intelligence officer and resistance fighter, and they fall in love during a mission to kill a German officer. There’s a super thrilling twist half way through that gives the movie a darker turn, and I love that!



Before the movie began, we grabbed some drinks from Studio One to take up to the screen with us – I’m not sure if this is a new thing, but I definitely wasn’t aware that you could do this! The film was much more enjoyable with a gin and tonic by my side, that’s for sure! Plus, because it was released a week or two ago, it meant we didn’t have to scramble for a seat – bonus!



Why not make the most of Twilight Thursdays and Intu’s late opening hours by enjoying a spot of shopping before you head up to Showcase to catch a film? There are some absolute corkers coming out this month – in particular, Jennifer Lawrence’s new space movie, ‘Passenger’, and the new Amy Adams movie that everyone is talking about; ‘Arrival’.

Now, to tackle this long list of Christmas shopping I have to do...

*This post is in collaboration with Intu Derby. Cinema tickets and dinner were paid for, but all opinions are my own! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Top Trend: Pink

Pinterest

Subscribe