The one with the secret brewery

16:25

It’s been a while since we last had a chat.

To tell you the truth, I haven’t been feeling 100% myself; I had a sickness bug which wrote me off for an entire week, combined with anxiety problems. I had my first “serious” panic attack in a looong time, and while I’m feeling much better now, it did scare me a bit.

Thankfully, I’m back in action, and last weekends one of those gorgeous weekends that really clears your head.

I kicked it all off with a couple of drinks at my favourite watering hole. Tower Brewery is Burton’s best kept secret; it’s nestled away on an industrial estate and you’d never know it was there unless you knew it was there.






I’m torn between wanting to rave about the place, and not wanting to tell a soul in case it gets overrun with people. It’s such a cool building, amazing interior and everyone’s friendly. Of course, Sid has already made himself known with the locals.

I woke early on Saturday morning and had a bit of a clean on the boat. I also managed to get in a quick workout before heading out to catch my train (I know, I impressed myself)


Tamzin, Laura and I ventured into Nottingham on Saturday to try on some Bridesmaid dresses. I’d already ordered some from ASOS, and after trying on a few to compare, we decided they were ‘the ones’. Tamzin and Laura had never actually met each other, so it was nice to get everyone together and have a few cocktails. I may have made a few sneaky Zara purchases too. Oops!


In case you didn’t already know, I’ve been blogging about our wedding planning journey over on So You’re Getting Married. I pop a new post up every Friday at 7pm to document our plans, so if you want to keep up with all things Wainwright-Wedding, then please do have a read!

On Sunday, I had a visit from my Mum, Grandma, Auntie and cousins. We made breakfast muffins and drank lots of tea and had a mooch around the shops at the marina. 

Finishing the day off with a nice big trek up Shining Cliff Woods and good ol’ beans on toast in front of the fire. You just can’t beat that sometimes, you know?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Top Trend: Pink

Pinterest

Subscribe