The one with the black swan

19:00

Wow, February certainly rolled around quick, didn’t it?

January wasn’t too bad – I actually enjoyed it – although I must admit, I was rather happy to see payday by the end of it!

This past weekend has been quite an expensive one. I paid off the rest of my wedding dress, and we finally booked our honeymoon! We’re officially off to the glorious Maldives for 10 days after the wedding and I couldn’t be more excited!




It’s somewhere we have only ever dreamed of – we never thought we’d actually be able to afford to go! And heck, if you can’t go somewhere dreamy for your honeymoon then when can you?! We’d been toying with the idea for a while: “can we afford it? Is it too excessive?” but we soon realised that if we went anywhere else, we’d be compromising. And you should NEVER compromise for your honeymoon!

We chose to stay at the Cinnamon Dhonveli resort, which is set on a private island in Kaafu Atoll, (just a 25-minute speedboat ride from Male). We’ll be staying in a beach bungalow for four nights, and then moving on to an overwater bungalow for five nights which we’ve both wanted to do for so long – Pinterest, I blame you.


Going back to our own little overwater bungalow (that’s what I’m referring to the boat as from now on!) we’ve had a little visitor at the marina this weekend – a black swan! I’ve never seen one before and after feeding him once, he’s now decided to pay us a visit every morning. 


I think the wildlife here is something I really take for granted, and I know I’ll miss it when we eventually “grow up and buy a house”. How lovely is it to see swans gliding past your home in a morning?! (Answer: it’s usually okay until the dog wants to play with them).


Last but not least I feel as though I should give myself a pat on the back for sticking to my resolutions throughout January. I have been exercising four-five times a week, eating healthier, drinking at least a litre of water a day, and I’ve got back into the swing of blogging! I feel kind of smug about it, so couldn’t resist a little brag.

Happy February, everyone – I hope the year is treating you well so far!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Top Trend: Pink

Pinterest

Subscribe