Healthy Eating at Intu, Derby

16:29

It’s that time of the year: we’re a mere month in to the New Year, and for those of us who made resolutions, let’s face it, we’ve probably broken them.

In general, I’m doing quite well with mine: I never particularly wanted to lose weight or anything, I just wanted to be able to run down the street without feeling like I’m dying. So I’ve made a few tweaks and adjustments such as no wine on weekdays, and 5 HIIT sessions a week. But who am I kidding, I totally had a curry on Monday night.

I never eat particularly badly anyway, so I’m in my own right to not feel guilty about the odd treat now and then. However, I’m always up for a bit of inspiration when it comes to healthy eating, so when Intu asked me along to their Healthy Dining bloggers event, I was eager to see what it was all about.

Kicking things off in Eat Central, myself and my fellow bloggers got to know each other over smoothies from Shakin’ It.




The green number contains pineapple, banana, spinach, chia seeds, whey protein and soya beans – packed full of calcium and high in fibre, it had a thick, banana taste with twangs of pineapple. It made for a very interesting combination, however, my favourite was the Red smoothie: again, packed full of vitamins and minerals, this drink featured pomegranate, blueberries, strawberries, hemp seeds and whey protein. The perfect way to kick-start our healthy eating mission.

We wandered over to YO! Sushi, where we enjoyed Avocado Maki’s…


Salmon and Avocado hand rolls…


Miso soup…


Kaiso Salad…


And a Goma salad...


Fit to bursting already, we then shuffled off to Joe’s Kitchen – one of Intu’s newest food joints, and somewhere I’ve never actually been before.

We sipped beetroot and apple juice whilst we waited for our food to arrive.


First up came the most gorgeous little veg pots. Filled with homous and scattered with gorgeous crunchy vegetables for dipping, this makes the perfect starter or light bite for your lunch.


Or, you could opt for one of their open sandwiches. We had the Avocado number, which was a mush of goodness spread across deliciously soft sourdough. Totally guilt-free; totally delicious. 


Next door to Joe’s lies Byron Burger.

“How can they possibly do healthy eating at Byron Burger?” I wondered.

Believe me, they can!

We were presented with the skinny burger; delicious medium cooked beef patty without the bun, teamed with a side salad for extra deliciousness. The burger is made up of three cuts of beef; the skirt, chuck and brisket. This makes it extra juicy and meaty.


If you’d rather just have the salad, then I can vouch for the Beetroot and Feta Salad…


Or the Quinoa, Avocado and Sun-Blushed Tomato salad.


And some sides that will make you feel like you’re eating something naughty: sweet potato fries…


Or my personal favourite and highlight of the night: courgette fries.


Seriously, these things were so good, I haven’t stopped thinking about them since!

The final stop of the evening was an oldie but a goodie: Wagamama. I do love a good noodle dish, so was very pleased when they presented us with a Yasai Yaki Soba...


Along with Sirloin and Shitake Salad...


And warm chilli tofu salad...


Washed down with green tea and their gorgeous green juice, I didn’t think I could possibly fit anything else in.

And then they bought out the desserts.

Raspberry, coconut and sesame Mochi ice cream. An absolute taste sensation: the sesame one is my absolute favourite. A must-try!


Thank you to Intu for such a lovely evening; it’s nice to know that I don’t have to feel guilty about going out for dinner, as there are plenty of tasty, healthy options to choose from on the menu’s. 

And I hope my readers have enjoyed this particularly picture-heavy post... I know we all love to look at pictures of food and drool over them! If I have one suggestion for February - perhaps a Valentines date night - then it would be to book yourself a table (or do a food crawl!) at Intu's Eat Central. And of course, send me pictures ;-) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Top Trend: Pink

Pinterest

Subscribe