Life lately...

18:47


Do you ever have those moments where you just feel like it's one thing after another? Life has thrown us far too many hurdles lately and I feel like we're due a break.

Thank goodness for home.
The marina is my safehaven.

Despite whatever stresses we have, I always feel lucky enough to live in a place where all I have to do is take a deep breath, inhale the salty air and instantly feel reconnected with the world again.

It's soothing to the soul. Even when there's a gust of wind, and the boats are bobbing up and down, and the water is full of ripples and waves, everything seems so still.

It's better when the sun is shining, but tell me something that isn't.


We've been getting frequent visits from a mallard couple, whom I've named Rosie and Jim. Rosie is bossy, and really rather forward. She isn't too shy to peep her head through the window, and she doesn't flinch an inch when the dog wants to say 'hello'. Jim just stands back and lets her get on with it. He reminds me of the husbands that linger outside of Marks & Spencer, waiting paitently for their wives.


I can feel the warm weather sneaking in, can't you? This is the first time this year that I've been able to relax with the doors open. There's always a breeze in the air, but they're getting lighter every day.

Rob and I are making summer plans. We want to take a long weekend away with the dog. Stay by the sea drinking G&T's, and walking on the beach with barefeet at the crack of dawn.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Cornwall has a place in my heart, but I've always dreamed of walking along the deserted beaches of Northumberland...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Top Trend: Pink

Pinterest

Subscribe