Highcross Spring Beauty Fix

10:35

I think a lot of people get the wrong impression of Leicester.

People seem to think it's a little bit "rough and ready", and heading from the train station into town, I can see why. It's not the prettiest of places, that's for sure, but it's filled with so many hidden gems just waiting to be discovered.

I remember finding The O Bar for the first time. Tucked away on a tiny backstreet in Braunstone Gate. A blues band playing sweet sounds and a Johnny Depp lookalike behind the bar, throwing cocktail glasses around like they were juggling balls.

And I remember having my first shot of Skittles Vodka in the Turkey Cafe, a venue which really didn't look up to much from the outside.

If you know of all the quirky places to go, then Leicester really is a fun day or night out. So when Highcross invited me down to their Spring beauty event at the weekend, I couldn't wait to get back on familiar soil.


One of the main reasons I went to university in Leicester is because of Highcross.

I remember going to the De Montfort open day with my Mum, and saying "the university is nice and all, but what's the shopping like?".

Of course, after stepping foot into the Highcross shopping centre I instantly fell in love.

Their Spring beauty event was to get people in the mood for the upcoming season: with a stylist on hand to show off the hottest high street trends, beauty experts to share their tips and tricks, and the magnificent team at Rituals who gave a bloody good hand massage!

After browsing the stalls, I wanted to share some of the tips they gave me along the way.


Fashion: mix bright colours with khaki greens: canary yellow is a big one this season! Clashing prints is still a huge trend, if you're brave enough! Rare for Spring and Summer, there are lots of gorgeous textures and fabrics. This is something we usually see in Autumn and Winter, but I was pleasantly surprised! Expect to see lots of silks, gentle faux furs and lightweight linens.


Beauty: Get your bronze on this Spring and Summer, because it's all about the smoky golds. I'm loving this w7 palette which rivals Urban Decay. Add purple tones to a traditional charcoal smoky eye to give it a colourful twist.

With a new head full of Spring and Summer knowledge, I decided to pick up a few key pieces thanks to the lovely Highcross team - I'm sure you'll be seeing them pop up in outfit posts, so watch this space!

My loyal - and by this point, tired - assistant Rob was now ready for something to eat. So we popped along to the new Bills restaurant located just outside of the centre.


He had the fish and chips, I had the halloumi and pepper burger. Always a 10/10!

A fantastic event held by the Highcross team, and a good excuse for me to have a nosey in one of my favourite cities.

Leicester, it's been too long! I'll see you again soon...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Top Trend: Pink

Pinterest

Subscribe