The One With the 5 Minute Wedding Fayre

13:00



I had Sunday off work, and Rob wanted to take me to some wedding fayre's, so after a rare lie-in and a hot-cross-bun breakfast, we were up and rearing to go.

I have only ever been to one wedding fayre, and it was around 8 or 9 years ago when my sister was getting married. The only thing I remember is stuffing my face with cake and hanging around the chocolate fountain for an innapropriate amount of time. Free food and wedding things? Sounds good to me...

I don't know what we were expecting, but we ended up staying approximately 5 minutes at both wedding fayre's. They were just... a bit boring. We don't need a car, we aren't having cake (calm down, we're having cheese instead!), and we're making the invitations ourselves, so there wasn't really anything there for us to do. We concluded that this must be where the people go that haven't discovered Pinterest yet.

So we went for burgers instead.


The Forge is a relatively new burger joint in Derby's Cathedral Quarter. A couple of our friends had been and said good things, so we were eager to give it a try.

I ordered a 'GoodFella'... cured meats, mozzarella and sundried tomatoes in a sweet brioche bun. Served with sweet potato fries and a pot of coleslaw. Oh and a big fat juicy pickle... mmm!


The burger was... alright. I've come to realise that I'm quite hard to please when it comes to burgers. Too often, I find that restaurants focus on the other things in the bun than the actual burger itself.

I'm a bit of a burger snob after a trip to Belgium a couple of years ago when I had the best burger I will ever eat in my life. It was a 'no-frills' burger... no salad, no sauce, just a patty in a bun. And it was the best thing I had ever tasted in my life. The meat was just SO GOOD.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for a good topping, but it'd just be nice if English restaurants could focus on getting the meat part right first. 


Rob was impressed with the beer selection. They had plenty of craft beers and ale, so he was in his element. He had a black and blue burger, with blue cheese and bacon, which again, he really enjoyed but wouldn't necessarily rave about.

Maybe we really are just complete burger snobs. There's no pleasing us!

After a quick wander around the Quarter in the rain, and a short stop for some outfit posts, we decided to call it a day. We were just desperate to get home and laze around in front of the fire. How old does that make me sound?

Outfit details: My new mac from Linea Weekend at House of Fraser... absolutely loving the nautical lining! I teamed it up with the standard beige and black combo, which you just can't go wrong with on a drizzly day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Top Trend: Pink

Pinterest

Subscribe