The One With the Hair Cut...

16:38

 

Dress - Jones & Jones | Lipstick - Barry M in Pillar Box Red

It's been a while since we had a good ol' catch up, isn't it? Put the kettle on, we have lots to talk about!

001. || Firstly, let's all address the elephant in the room. Yes, I had my hair cut. What was supposed to be "just the ends off, please" turned into quite a big change for me. And I think I like it.

I just fancied something different, really. I was getting sick of trying to style my long hair, as it was quite limp. Plus, the winter had really started to take it's toll on my long tresses, so having a good few inches off the bottom made it feel so much fresher and healthier! I'm thinking of colouring it as well, but I'm just not sure whether to go darker or lighter. Decisions, decisions!

- - -

002. || In other *ahem* wedding related news... we booked a visit to our dream venue, which we'll be visiting this weekend. I'm so excited! We had our heart set on this place before we even got engaged, so I'm really hoping it lives up to our expectations. Who knows, next week I could have an official date set!

Speaking of weddings, did you catch last weeks' post on preparing and planning for the 'Big Day'? It's a step by step guide on what to do once he's popped the question. I found myself having millions of ideas buzzing around in my head but no idea where to start... so hopefully my post will help other bridezillas-to-be!

I'll be posting the second series soon, as well as a handy budgeting post to help you achieve your dream wedding without blowing your savings (or your Dad's retirement fund... sorry Dad!)

- - -

003. || And finally, as some of you may or may not know, my uncle passed away recently due to lung cancer. It's something I am still finding it hard to come to terms with, but one good thing that's come from it, is that it's bought our family ever so much closer.

My auntie has been so unbelievably brave and has somehow continued to be an amazing auntie, mum, sister, daughter and all-round inspiring woman throughout it all. She will be doing the Three Peaks Challenge this summer to raise money for the Orthopaedic/Spinal Unit at the Royal Derby Hospital who helped my uncle and our family so much through such an awful time.

If any of my readers have known someone affected by cancer, then know this: the money we raise won't heal. It won't cure. But it will help provide a better quality of life for those whose time has been cut short. My uncle's cancer had spread to his spine. He should have been paralysed, but the Orthopaedic unit performed surgery so that for those short weeks he had left, he could walk around to see my home for the first time. He could stand and watch his daughters ride their horses. And so that he could hold my auntie's hand as she sat by his side.

So if you can spare just a small amount of money - a substitue for your morning coffee, perhaps - then we would all be so grateful for you to donate. You can view my auntie's 'Just Giving' page here, where you can donate online.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Sorry to hear about your uncle. My husband is in the Royal Derby at the moment following an op to treat bowel cancer, the staff have been amazing. I hope your aunt successfully reaches her target (and my apologies that I just can't donate at the moment as we are pretty much on a shoestring now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma, and so sorry to hear about your husband. I hope he has a speedy recovery from his op. Wishing you both all the best x

      Delete

Top Trend: Pink

Pinterest

Subscribe