Thank You For Having Me, 2014...

13:30



"To finally move on and start something new, you must release the unchangeable past and embrace your future".
 
I'm not sure who said this, but I'm pretty sure they were on to something...

2014 hasn't been all that kind to me.

What should have been an amazing first year in our new home, with our new puppy and my new job, was overshadowed by grief, bereavement and heart ache. I won't go into detail though, because I'm actually attempting to incorporate the Pinterest-worthy mantra written in bold above. I'm trying my best to put this year behind me, because if I carry on dwelling then it's sure to keep on impacting my future.

And what a future I have ahead of me - on Christmas morning, after four amazing years of being together, Rob "popped the question" and asked me to marry him.


It was the most beautiful proposal, done in the most perfect way, with a pretty lovely sparkly diamond - the best way to say goodbye to an awful year, and say hello to an exciting one. But more on that at a later date!...

I had quite literally been dreaming of a white Christmas, telling my Mum that it would make this years' festivities even more special, and then - as if by magic - as we left my parents' house on Boxing Day, it began to snow!

I was particularly excited to see how the marina looked with a thick white blanket over it...

 

Pretty special, don't you think?

And of course, we were very eager to get up and play in it the next morning - this is the first snow that Sid has ever seen, and he didn't really know what to do with himself!

He had a LOT of fun, snaking around in it...


Rolling in it...


And just generally looking very handsome...

 
 

There's just something about the snow that brings out the young explorer in us, don't you think?

Rob and I had tons of fun, testing the thickness of the ice in our new winter wellingtons, making footprints in fresh piles of snow that no one had touched yet, and throwing snowballs for the dog to catch...

 
 

After we'd had a few hours of fun, we wandered over to the pub for a tipple - it was such a lovely day, but I think it might have all been a little bit too exhausting for this fella...


So, another year over - and it's been a bit hit and miss, to be honest. One thing I know for sure, is that it was pretty life-changing.

I've learned so much - both good and bad - but it's all part of what will shape me for the future.

Here's to 2015 - let's make it a good one!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Sid is gorgeous and your life looks idyllic. I had some heartache last year too with a family bereavement, onwards and upwards! Where abouts is the boat you live on? Your outfits are always flawless too. Basically I have a bit of envy here! xox Izzy

    ReplyDelete

Top Trend: Pink

Pinterest

Subscribe